Sunday, August 4, 2013

Book 3: Flight to Freedom (poem)

 FLIGHT TO FREEDOM
Book 3 of The FLIGHT TRILOGY



 Choices - Purpose - Hope

Flight to Freedom

I lay upon my back one day and looked into the sky.
I watched a wispy cloud up high go freely drifting by.
It made me think upon my life, the choices I had made.
Might things have turned out differently if only I had prayed?


I wondered if that cloud God made, had been another shape,
Would someone have missed the benefit beneath its shadowed drape?
It made me think upon my life, the years I’d frivolously spent.
If only I’d more clearly known for what purpose I was meant.


The cloud was but a vapor made of water and of air.
It drifted along God’s chosen path not a worry or a care.
It made me think upon my life, the hope that I had lost.
The weight of regret and sorrow, I’d carried at great cost.


I lay upon my back one day and looked into the sky.
I watched a wispy cloud up high go freely drifting by.
It made me think upon my life and God’s great love for me.
I suddenly came to realize, only in Him could I be free.

Mike Coe

No comments:

Post a Comment